1667 - 1741
- ||Based on the reported inscription on his tombstone that stated he died at 74 years of age; 1741 minus 74 is 1667. Other sources, for various reasons, state 1687 as more likely (see:Ancestors of Morris A. Bradley)
||20 Apr 1741
||Tolland, CT 
||15 Jun 1741
||Tolland, CT 
||Bradley - Post
||27 May 1998 |
||Hannah Braman, b. 1690, Norton, Massachusetts , d. Yes, date unknown |
||29 May 1717
| ||1. George Bradley, b. 08 Jul 1718, Tolland, CT , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Hannah Bradley, b. 18 Dec 1719, Tolland, CT , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Mary Bradley, b. 11 Apr 1722, Tolland, CT , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||4. Jane Bradley, b. 06 Feb 1723, Tolland, CT , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||5. Jabez Bradley, b. 18 Feb 1727, Tolland, CT , d. 14 Sep 1758, French & Indian War, USA |
| ||6. Henry Bradley, b. 03 May 1729, Tolland, CT , d. 1762, Cuba |
| ||7. Josiah Bradley, b. 12 May 1730, Tolland, CT , d. 01 Apr 1826, Ellington, Connecticut |
| ||8. Jonah Bradley, b. 05 Mar 1733, Tolland, CT , d. 16 Mar 1746|
- ||||George's estate was valued at 2,800 pounds (a rather large sum).
It's hard to say what the story is on George. The year of his birth, give or take one, can be fixed by his tombstone and is consistent with his age at death (about 74). His year ofdeath is indisputable (despite what his tombstone may have said about dying in 1746). However, here is a man that did not marry until 50 years of age, and fathered children until the age of66!
It is probable that George was born in England. We know that a George Bradley left London for Barbados in 1784, making him about 17 or 18 years old. This was an appropriate age for suchan event, since he was bound to a master for three years.
A birth record for a George Bradley in Scamblesby, Lincoln, England on 29 July 1666 has been found. This would be a perfect birth time for our George; however,we have little else to goon. The parents of this England George were George and Ann Bradley. He may also have had a brother Nathaniel, born 23 April 1664.
- [S15] Story of Connecticut, Charles W. Burpee, (American Hist Co, 1939), 974.6., , p. 810; and see also.
- [S16] Guide: Connecticut, (Houghton, Mifflin Co. 1938), 974.6., , p. 334.
- [S17] Vital Records Tolland, (CT State Library, Hartford, CT), Barbour Coll.., , and Norwich Probate Records.
- [S116] Early CT Probate Records, Vol XIII, p. 232.