For questions or comments, send us an
About our Free Genealogy Web Sites Hosting
Should you put your family tree here? A: probably not
See our article Where Should I Host My Family Tree
How can it be free?
It can be free because
- Broad Lea has plenty of unused Web space for genealogy hosting.
- Genealogy is about data and databases, something we care about.
What does someone get for free?
- Enough space to hold your HTML and image files (JPG, GIF, etc)
- an e-mail address (email@example.com) that redirects automatically to
your own personal e-mail address (at Hotmail, Yahoo, or wherever)
- FTP access to send us your files
Are you going to barrage me with spam?
No. We will not send you any advertisements via e-mail, and we will not give your
information, including your e-mail address, to any third-party.
It sounds too good to be true...what's the catch?
- We make no guarantees about the reliability or availability of our Web hosting service
- We don't teach or tutor you on how to create Web sites
- We reserve the right to possibly place a small advertisement on the bottom of some
of your pages. The ad box would be always at the bottom, always small, and always in good taste
Who owns the content if I upload my family tree Web site to you?
You do. All material that you publish at Ancestors-Genealogy.com belongs to the author (and we
assume that is you; don't publish stuff here that you didn't create). Under U.S. copyright law,
the author retains the copyright to the written material (facts, such as date of birth, cannot
be copyrighted, but the presentation of those facts, whether in a book or Web site, have a
copyright that belongs to the author). We will not re-publish your Web site in any other medium.
How to Submit Genealogy Web Pages
How do I get space on Ancestors-Genealogy.com?
When you are ready to upload, send us an email with an estimate of the disk space you'll need and your
desired directory name (typically, this is the name of your primary family); we'll then see if
we can make room for you.
How do I upload my genealogy Web pages?
After approval, you will be given an FTP account that you will use to send us your genealogy Web site pages.
I have a genealogy program, but I don't know how to create Web pages
Maybe, just maybe, if you can create a GEDCOM file from your data, or already have a GEDCOM file, we
can create Web pages for you. The only way to know for sure is to ask us.